Thursday, January 8, 2009

Now that's HOT!


So, amongst all the holiday mayhem and Adri and Brett having our sweet little baby Jacob. I turned 31 on Dec. 29th and we celebrated on New Years Eve. Mom and Dad took me to dinner and I didn't even have to eat at Pei Wei! They also bought me a $20 gift card to Starbucks (which I didn't use all in one day mom). My Aunt Linda sent me $20 which bought me the Lady Gaga CD I have been wanting & a coffee at Starbucks! My sweet little brother gave me $10 which bought me two more coffees at Starbucks. My darling kids bought me a pair of pants. Adri & Brett gave me baby Jake (not literally). And Lulu and Audrey were there to celebrate the occasion and wish me Happy B-Day which was awesome. Zach and Kelly surprised me with a trip to the mall. I stood there in shock when Zach asked me where I shop for clothes for myself. Me shop...for clothes...for myself??? I can't remember the last time I purchased clothes for myself...oh wait yes I can...when I was pregnant with Zeke and that was at the maternity store....super fun. So after I asked Zach several times if he was serious, I struggled to come up with an answer. Finally he suggested Express. Trying to be a good sport I went along with this thinking silently to myself "I won't fit into the clothes at Express, he is nuts."

So off we went and I went in with doubt and walked out with a pair of pants (the skinny fit by the way) but I won't tell the size, and an awesome short sleeved sweater. Then Zach took me over to Bakers Shoes and yes ladies, HE picked out a pair of 5 inch high heels he thought would "make my outfit pop!" Only 11 days out from toe surgery and still wearing that awesome shoe they give you after surgery, I shoved my sore toe into a size 5 1/2 high heel.

New Years Eve night I wore my new outfit. The high heels didn't stay on very long due to the toe issue, for a while I hobbled along in one shoe because they are so cute. So to sum up an incredible birthday given to me by the people whom I love whole hearted, it was wonderful. Thank you everybody for everything you did for me and continue to do for me on a daily basis. I love each and every one of you. Now here is a picture of my new shoes!

9 comments:

smithblog said...

Happy Belated Birthday Girlee! LOVE LOVE LOVE The shoes!!!! What a great family you have!

Clint and Shari said...

Happy Birthday Heather! You have such a great family:)

Kelly said...

Now WHY didn't anybody get a picture of you before your changed that night? You definitely looked HOT.

Julia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia said...

Gosh, it's been sooooo long that I forgot our birthdays are only one day apart. That was one of the things that we always made a big deal out of!

Happy belated Birthday, Lady. I love ya!

Jasmin said...

OH I want to see the outfit!
That is way hot the shoes.
Happy Birthday sweetie.
Oh my you had surgery too ouch.

Adri said...

What a great birthday, I love the shoes. I only wish that we wore the same size, or even close to the same size. Happy Birthday sis!

BRAGG LIFE said...

Happy Birthday Heather....5 inch heals...you're insane!! Ican barely handle 3 inch heals! My hat is off to you!!! I really hope your family situation is working out the best it can.

Nana Sharples News said...

YOU LOOK SO CUTE IN YOUR NEW OUTFIT AND SHOES...AND NOW A PINK PHONE TO GO WITH IT....YOU MAY NOT KNOW IT...BUT YOU DO GET SPOILED...
WE LOVE YOU SO...
KEEP YOUR CHIN UP...YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB....