Sunday, August 3, 2008

~VIRGINIA~

Well we finally made it. Zeke was incredibly good on the plane. I was a little nervous but he did really well. We arrived in VA at 4:00 p.m. and hung out at Aunt Linda's before dinner. Sunday we hung out and I took Zeke down to the cemetery where Nanny is buried. It is only a short walk down the street. Zeke loved the walk and after visiting with Nanny we threw rocks in the creek on the cemetery grounds.

Nanny was such an incredible woman. She was an exceptional cook and made everything and anything from scratch. She worked hard raising four kids as a single mom and unfortunately had to bury her son during her life. I have never met a more caring, nurturing and loving woman besides Nanny...except Mom! We miss you Nanny and can't wait to see you again.

Throwing rocks in the creek at the beautiful cemetery where Nanny is laid to rest.

Aunt Linda took us to a Moroccan place for dinner. Lamb, chicken, salad, couscous, tea, almond cookies and Belly Dancers (Zeke's favorite part)! Zeke actually cried when she was done! He just loved her. Yummy food, family and one pretty dancer!

7 comments:

Nana Sharples News said...

I am glad you and zeke visited Nanny today at the cemetery. How sweet of you. I am glad the two of you came along and I hope you and zeke are having fun.

Adri said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm glad Zeke did good on the plane, makes for a much nicer flight.

Markalie said...

How did you get so lucky to have him be good on the plane? Hope you are having a fun time.

Jasmin said...

What nice pictures!
Looks amazing... How special!

Lulu said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast! I just love it there and only wish I could have been a part of these wonderful memories.

May you rest in peace Nanny.

Love you

Julia said...

Heather-I'm so glad you got the chance to take this trip. I know it can be hard to get away from the business of every day life.

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Virginia but it looks like fun. That is neat you took Zeke to Nana's grave. That food looks a little different for my taste. I am glad you got there safe and I am so sorry you didn't get to read on the plane. Travel safely!