Monday, July 28, 2008

~ Las Vegas & Six Flags ~

This weekend Ayana, mom, Aaron and me went to Las Vegas to offer some emotional support to Lulu. She is moving to AZ to attend Mortuary Science school after living in Las Vegas for 8 years. So we drove the Mustang down to her place and here is some of the adventures we had...
~The Ride Down~


~Swimming at Aunt Lulu's Pool~


~On our last day there we decided to drive to Six Flags in Valencia, CA! It was 4 1/2hours away from Vegas. We got up early and arrived at 10:00 a.m. I told Ayana she was to ride every ride we rode on. If you have ever been to Six Flags you know there are VERY few little rides. She was really nervous and I didn't make her ride some of them. She ended up riding "TATSU" which boasts "Tallest, fastest and longest flying coaster on Earth". Top speed of 62 mph, 263 feet in plunges, 17 stories and 2 minutes worth of ride. You ride that coaster facing the ground on your belly. It was really cool. She was scared to death but survived to ride Superman, accelerates to 100 mph in seven seconds before shooting straight up a 41-story tower, 6.5 seconds of weightlessness, trains free-fall straight down from the skyscraper, spans more than 900 feet across the theme park, 415 feet high. Here are the pictures from that day...
~TATSU~



~REVOLUTION, GOLIATH, Swings & The Joker~





We also visited Bonnie Springs in Las Vegas. It was a really cool petting Zoo with a lot of different animals, cowboys and hot, hot sun. The animals loved mom and her shirt which you can check out on Lulu's blog. I did not take my camera that day and only have photos on my phone. Thanks mom for such an awesome time. I know that the memories we create as a family are so very important to all of us. I only wish the whole family could have been there. All this change going on has been tough on you and I know you are very stressed with a lot of it. Hang in there and trust that everything will work our for the best. You made this weekend a crazy, fun filled weekend that all of us will never forget. Thanks Again, Love You!

6 comments:

Adri said...

Great pictures, I know you guys had a blast. It was good you all went down there to visit Lu for the weekend.

Nana Sharples News said...

Thanks Heather for coming along and bringing Ayana. I had alot of fun..time went by too fast. As I have always said...making memories is so important...that's why I wanted as many to come along as possible so that we could have a final fling with lulu before she moved onto arizona. I had a blast..we laughed alot and we all needed that. Love your photos...

Aaron..what can I say....
It use to be your butt in every photo, now it's your finger...

Jasmin said...

You are so lucky! Thanks for the comments on my blog. I love the pictures. I love Jessie and Kingston. They do look like twins!!!
You have amazing looking family.
Love you guys

Jesi said...

I finally have a minute to catch up on what going on in everyones lives. Looks like a great time.

Lulu said...

It was lots of fun! Thanks for visiting and being a part of those memories. Love you!

Anonymous said...

O.k. I have to say I am a little bummed that I wasn't invited, but it looks like everyone had a good time. Sounds like it was long and hot. Look how grown up Ayana looks in her bathing suit in the pool. Oh my gosh. She is so beautiful.