Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halloween Season!

As everyone else in my family, I too love Halloween and all that comes with fall. To start the season off I thought I would try a themed dinner. Most of you who know me, know that I do not cook let alone be creative with it. So needless to say this was a real stretch for me. But I felt "not worthy" as a mom after reading Julia Earle's blog and seeing all the wonderful things she makes for her kids and all of Audrey's yummy treats she makes! So I attempted the following meal. My family said it was good but I don't know if it really was or if they just said that because they were afraid I was trying to poison them!
Witch's Brew Juice

Jack-O-Latern Sloppy Joes

Baby Cabbage Patch Kids

White Chocolate Mummy Cookies

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Heather! I'm so proud of you! I have never attempted anything like this. I'm just lucky if I get plain ol' regular food on the table.

Clint and Shari said...

You damn do gooder you! I just hate martha stewarters! Just Kiding Maybe one day I can try to be a good mom like you and make something fun for my kids. Thanks for the fun time last night. I loved the movie!

smithblog said...

Good Job! Those cookies look so dang cute!

Lulu said...

You are so adorable! I love it! You are a great Mom to do something fun like this. I would have never thought of that.

Julia said...

Heather,

HOW CUTE! How did you do the sloppy joes like that? What's the recipe for your witch's brew? My son loves stuff like this. I'll have to show him your post when he gets home from school.

Linda said...

Wow. Your dinner looks pretty creative to me. It must have taken alot of time to decide what you were going to do and pull it all together. Great Job.

Adri said...

Hehehe, Shari's post is hilarious. Way to go Heather on your theme dinner. It looks really yummy.

Anonymous said...

I was so proud of you when I walked in and saw the meal you had prepared for your family. You did such a great job! I didn't try everything but the cookie was yummy, so I'm sure everything else was delicious too.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I bet is was awesome. You are more brave then I am and it looks like it paid off. I am just like Kelly, lucky to get plain dinner on the table. Love it!

Markalie said...

You cute little Mama! That is some creative stuff. I bet your kids loved it.